[Community] Fwd: Invitation to the 2nd NRENs educational technologies workshop and pre-workshop - 4-5 November 2019

Boubakar Barry Boubakar.Barry at wacren.net
Wed Oct 2 08:20:54 GMT 2019

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 12:25 PM
Subject: Invitation to the 2nd NRENs educational technologies workshop and
pre-workshop - 4-5 November 2019
To: sig-tne at lists.geant.org <sig-tne at lists.geant.org>

Hi everyone

It’s a while since we ‘spoke’ and we have been firming up plans for the
future of the TNE-SIG, revising the Steering Committee membership, as well
as looking at events to attend next year for more discussions. More
information to come on that soon, but in the meantime I wanted to highlight
an education technology workshop being run by GÉANT next month in Budapest.

Further information is below – we hope you can attend!

Kind regards

Esther

*Invitation to the 2nd NRENs educational technologies workshop and
pre-workshop*

Dear colleagues,

Once again, on behalf of GÉANT and the educational expert group, we invite
you  to join us in creating a space for NRENs' collaboration in educational
technologies!. This will be done in a sequence, starting from call for
topics; the topics will be discussed in an online pre-workshop, followed by
group work on defined topics in a face-to-face workshop.

*Workshops and call for topics:*

   - Call for topics, deadline: *4 October 2019*
   - Pre-workshop (online), duration 1 hour, *7 October 2019 – 13:00-14:00
   CEST*
   - 2nd NRENs educational technologies workshop, *4-5 November 2019* in
   Budapest, Hungary

*Call for topics (4 October 2019)*

We invite you to submit your proposal for a topic to be part of the 2nd
face-to-face workshop. Requirements: Topics should focus on the educational
aspect of a future activity, project and / or service to benefit both the
educational and NREN communities.

Title / name of the topic:

Short explanation / pitch: maximum 150 words long and to address the
following questions:

   - Why it is important for you?
   - Why is it relevant for your NREN?
   - Why should we collaborate about it internationally?

The topics should be uploaded to the
https://wiki.geant.org/display/NE/Topic+proposals

(On this page you can already see the already submitted topics.)

*Pre-workshop (7 October 2019 – 13:00 – 14:00 CEST)*

Objective: discuss and prioritize key topics for the NRENs and the
educational communities which will be addressed during the 2nd face-to-face
workshop.

Register here for the pre-workshop: https://eventr.geant.org/events/3182

*2nd NRENs educational technologies workshop (4-5 November 2019)*

This workshop follows up from the first NREN educational technologies
workshop from TNC19 (https://tnc19.geant.org/events/#s115). We will be
discussing future strategies on how the NREN community can support
educational institutions with innovative technologies. With specialized
topics we would like to discuss possibilities for future collaborations,
challenges and good practices, current topics include: joint procurement
for LMS, Digital Learning Environment, eduID - MyAcademicID, learning
analytics, open educational resources...etc. During the workshop the
collaboration on MyAcademic ID and micro credentialing progress will be
discussed, possibility for the cloud procurement will be discussed and a
couple more use cases presented.

If your proposed topic will be chosen for a face-to-face workshop, your
role will be to host a group conversation about the potential future
collaboration on your topic during the workshop.

*REGISTRATION*

This event is free of charge to attend. Please register until *30 October
2019*:

https://eventr.geant.org/events/3146

If you have any questions, concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

We are looking forward to seeing you all in Budapest!

Kind regards,

Gyongyi Horvath

*Important dates:*

4 October 2019 - send your topic

7 October 2019 - online pre-workshop

15 October 2019 - register for the 2nd workshop

30 October 2019 - deadline for registration

4-5 November 2019 - 2nd NRENs ed tech workshop