[Community] 6th TF-EDU Virtual Meeting on Data and Analytics

Effah Amponsah effah.amponsah at wacren.net
Thu Dec 3 18:31:32 GMT 2020

Dear Community,

Please see an invitation below from the TF-EDU Steering Committee
---------------------------

You're invited to join the 6th TF-EDU virtual meeting which would be
addressing the issues of Data and Analytics. The date is Tuesday, 8
December from 13:00 to 17:00 CET

Data management and analysis is an increasingly important topic relevant
to both research and education, but for education specifically, since
the large scale rapid digital transformation in education has taken
place over the last year. We need to address and share best practice on
issues such as:

   *   What data is harvested and stored?
   *   Where is the data stored?
   *   How do you ensure that privacy is protected and GDPR requirements
are met?
   *   Commercial vs community tools?
   *   What are the opportunities (and challenges) afforded by data and
learning analytics?
   *   And what are the experiences of universities and NRENs using /
offering Learning Analytics?

During the workshop you will hear and have the opportunity to discuss
data mining and learning analytics with examples from Netherlands and
Jisc respectively. We will be also discussing the questions outlined
above, in addition to examples from UNIT, Norway of their national
educational repositories. At the end of the workshop we will also get an
update on, eduID, student mobility and MyAcademicID.

We hope for this to be a particularly engaging discussion for you, and
our last opportunity this year to engage with TF-EDU in 2020.

Remember, we are also open to hearing from you about new topics for
discussion at:
https://wiki.geant.org/display/NE/TF-EDU+Community+discussion+agenda+and+topics
Agenda
https://wiki.geant.org/display/NE/6th+TF-EDU+virtual+meeting
Registration
https://events.geant.org/event/262/

We look forward to seeing you next Tuesday!

Kind regards,
TF-EDU Steering Committee

--
Effah Amponsah