[Community] TF-EDU Virtual Meeting on 9 June

Effah Amponsah effah.amponsah at wacren.net
Tue Jun 2 10:46:58 GMT 2020

Dear Community,

Please see announcement below from TF-EDU

We invite you to the 4th TF-EDU virtual meeting entitled "Finding the
balance”. This meeting will take the form of a mini-conference and a
small collective and individual learning journey.

The intention of this meeting is to collectively and individually
reflect on the role of NRENs in supporting education, taking into
account:

- our experiences related to lockdown and online transitioning to
working and studying from home
- looking at the immediate future (3-6 months from now) and deciding on
the next steps
- looking at the long term impact on NRENs supporting remote education

Our interest is to explore the role of NRENs in supporting education
from the national and institutional point of you (support to
universities, schools; scaling up and scaling down contracts and
procurement) to individual-level (services and activities for teachers
and students, pre, during and post-pandemic).

The aim of the mini-conference is to create the space for collective and
self-reflection, learning from the past few months while looking at the
future, hopefully finding the balance between newly discovered solutions
and obsolete practices. In doing that we will look for:

1. newly discovered processes, goals, tools and needs that we value and
want to take with us into the future;
2. the obsolete or obstacle-creating practices that we are willing to
let go.

IMPORTANT: We are inviting you to join the co-creation of the agenda, by
proposing:

- Lightning talks (5 min, 1-2 slides)
- Topics for conversations that you would love to host as part of the
community sessions (20 min)

You can submit your topics/lightning talks no later than 5th of June,
noon, by adding your proposal to:
https://wiki.geant.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=148080408
If you have some technical issues, please send your submission to
tf-edu-sc at lists.geant.org .

Requirement for submission: All submission should be in line of the area
of educational activities, services and technologies. Submitters should
be prepared to present/host during the virtual mini-conference:
facilitate discussions, prepare to summarize it (E.g. some notes as
conclusions, outcomes and/or follow up points).

Please note that the TF-EDU SC is there to help you to prepare for your
sessions.

Please find the outline of the agenda here:
https://wiki.geant.org/display/NE/4th+TF-EDU+virtual+mini+conference

Save the date:
June, 9th, 2020.
11am-4pm CEST / 9am GMT/UTC