[Community] NREN Support for Education During the Covid-19 Crisis

Effah Amponsah effah.amponsah at wacren.net
Thu Mar 19 09:01:38 GMT 2020

Dear Community,

To minimise the negative impact of the COVID-19 on REN operations and on
users, WACREN is happy to connect members to webinars and resources that
will help to be innovative and better equipped to offer solutions to
their users in order to scale some of the effects of the pandemic.

Please take note of the following meetings and resources:

1. There was a Zoom webinar on 'Organising Digital Conferences'. We
missed
http://www.eden-online.org/organising-digital-conferences-experience-and-opportunitie/

The video was recorded. WACREN will share when it is available.

2. Crisis Management Wiki

During the Covid-19 crisis, many of our organisations are moving to
remote working for as many staff as possible and looking at how to
manage business continuity. With this is mind, we would like to
recommend the Crisis management wiki of our partner GEANT where you will
find a lot of crisis management material:

https://wiki.geant.org/display/gn43wp8/Crisis+management+information+sharing

3. Wiki for Educational Resources and Best Practices

GEANT has also created a shared wiki space for the community about
educational resources and best practices:
https://wiki.geant.org/display/NE/COVID-19++Remote+educational+tools+and+supporting+information

4. Videoconferencing platform Zoom

We encourage the use of online tools for meetings. WACREN would like to
remind members that a videoconferencing service using Zoom is available
as part of the WACREN service portfolio. For more information and
subscription to this service, please contact cso at wacren.net.

Do all stay safe.

Thank you
WACREN Secretariat