[Community] Fwd: Applied Mathematics Webinar - Tuesday 15 February - Hanen Mohamed, Paris Nanterre University.

Maïssa MBAYE maissa.mbaye at ugb.edu.sn
Mon Feb 14 08:01:10 GMT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De : Nabil Gmati <nabil.gmati62 at gmail.com>
Date: dim. 13 févr. 2022 à 16:11
Subject: Applied Mathematics Webinar - Tuesday 15 February - Hanen Mohamed,
Paris Nanterre University.
To: <cari at inria.fr>

Tuesday 15 February. 5 pm (GMT+3 = KSA Time)

https://iauvle.zoom.us/j/4131317057
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fiauvle.zoom.us%2Fj%2F4131317057&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHynUPvDYthp_qZcOsmx2wtGKIQGw>

More informations on Applied Mathematics Webinar
<https://sites.google.com/view/webinar-iau>

Title : MEAN FIELD ANALYSIS OF STOCHASTIC NETWORKS MODELING VEHICLE-SHARING
SYSTEMS.

Speaker: Hanen Mohamed, Paris Nanterre University.

*Abstract: *Vehicle-sharing systems are becoming important for urban
transportation. I will first focus on bike-sharing systems where users
arrive at a station, take a bike and use it for a while, then return it to
another station of their choice. Each station cannot host more bikes than
its finite capacity. I will present a stochastic model for an homogeneous
bike-sharing system introduced by Fricker & Gast where the dimensioning
system problem is investigated. The aim is to derive the fleet size (number
of bikes per station) giving the best system performance measured in term
of the proportions of unsatisfied users facing an empty or a saturated
station, i.e. stations that, (at a given time) at long time, have no bikes
available or no available spots for bikes to be returned to. A large-scale
analysis is (conducted) provided using a mean field approach and leads to
simple expressions (that give qualitative and quantitative results) for
optimal performance. This method works even if there is no closed-form
expression for the model. It allows to study several variants taking into
account user's preferences or incentive policies proposed by the operator.
I will present some variants (heterogeneous model, supermarket model,
influence of locality). It is quite amazing that a similar modeling of
car-sharing systems presents a wealth of behaviors as soon as the
reservation of either the vehicle or the car, or both, is added. More
refined probabilistic tools are then sometimes needed.

--
Nabil GMATI <https://sites.google.com/view/nabil-gmati/> - Applied
Mathematics Webinar <https://sites.google.com/view/webinar-iau>