[CSIRTs] COVID-19 Exploited by Malicious Cyber Actors

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Wed Apr 8 15:27:48 GMT 2020

Colleagues,

I hope you are all well and staying safe in these unusual times.

This is a joint alert from the United States Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and
the United Kingdom’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) that our CTO
just brought to our attention in WACREN.

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/aa20-099a

In the coming months, this mailing list will become more active as we
execute our plans in the the new AfricaConnect3 project -
https://www.africaconnect3.net/

Those that attended the last CSIRT workshop in Lagos at end of 2018 will
remember the discussion about WACREN intent to establish a broad framework
for CSIRT cooperation supported with service infrastructure that allows us
list team information and collaborate securely to safeguard our respective
constituencies.

The cooperation platform will start with NREN CSIRTs but will eventually be
open to other CSIRTs including national teams.

Best wishes
Omo