[Tandem] TANDEM in 2017

Damien damien.alline at ird.fr
Ven 8 Mai 16:55:46 GMT 2020

Dear partners, friends, colleagues,

Let me start this new year by wishing you all the best in 2017 !

I take the opportunity to thank you very much for your participation in 2016
on the TANDEM project.

Some outcomes can indeed be highlighted thanks to your efforts. I think for
instance to the establishment of a regional political working group (PODWAG)
which played already an important role in the region. The PODWAG
contributions and orientations facilitated indeed the effective
participation to AC2 of Togo and Mali; Burkina Faso should follow soon.
Also, the creation of a network of national focal points allows us to go one
level down in 2017 with connections to institutional focal points. I want to
highlight as well the significant collection of end user expectations of
great value for establishing a WACREN roadmap at horizon 2020.

TANDEM is now finishing end of April this year, and we have to keep working
on the sustainability so that the impact of these first results be really
significant. I am sure we will make it !

I hope to see you at the TANDEM final event in March 2017 (more details will
follow) !

Damien