[AVNN-SM] Welcome to AVNN!

Donna Oti, Ph.D. doti at ceiconsult.com
Wed Apr 4 17:58:37 GMT 2018

 Welcome to AVNN!The All Varsity News Networkprovides a unique opportunity for you to complement your journalism and masscommunication education by gaining practical experience is news writing, videoproduction, podcasting and social media. This initiative has beenmade possible by the West and Central African Research and Education Network (WACREN).  As a first step, we would like you to visit the WACREN website and learnabout the organization’s history, vision, mission, and activities.

|   |
WACREN | West and Central African Research and Education Network
   |   |

Next, we invite you to work with us as we build the AVNNdemonstration site. It is our hope that each WACREN institution will developrobust student media using WACREN tools.  Towardsthis end, we will work with you to develop your digital publishing skillsthrough practical experience developing communication products, which includemultimedia storytelling, podcasts, video, photography, and more. At the end youwill be able to create a digital portfolio that may become one of your mostimportant personal branding and marketing tools.Your first assignments will be to develop content about WACREN and AVNN.  These exercises will prepare you for leadership roles on your institution's student digital media that we will work with your academic departments to help you develop.  We will discuss this process in details moving forward.First, we would like to learn moreabout you, your academic background, your interest in media, and accomplishments.  We look forward to hearing from you!

Donna Oti, Ph.D./WACREN ConsultantCEI ConsultantsTwitter: DonnaOtiskype: donnaoti