[Community] [consortium] School for Application Porting to Science Gateways

Omo Oaiya omo at wacren.net
Thu May 1 08:07:32 GMT 2014

I should add for those that may not be following our participation in the
eI4Africa project that the recent WACREN workshop in Nigeria on
e-Infrastructures and the demonstrators exhibited were based on the Catania
Science Gateways.

These can be regarded as a type of virtual community connecting
geographically separated researchers with web based interfaces to help them
to share data, run remote computers and access applications and information
in order to design, carry out studies and interpret research results.    An
example is the Africa Grid Science Gateway - https://sgw.africa-grid.org/

We hope that some in the community can attend.  WACREN is however working
towards a similar training event in the region in the near future.

Best wishes

Omo
 <http://www.wacren.net/>