[Community] Fwd: Workshop on Joining eduroam and Identity Federation

Omo Oaiya omo at wacren.net
Thu Jul 16 16:29:57 GMT 2015

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Workshop on Joining eduroam and Identity Federation
Date: 	Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:54:28 +0000
From: 	Yousef Torman <torman at asrenorg.net>

Dear Colleagues

In coordination with EUMEDCONNECT3
<http://www.eumedconnect3.net/Pages/Home.aspx> and MAGIC
<http://magic-project.eu/> Projects, ASREN is organizing a _Workshop on
Joining eduroam and Identity Federation
<http://asrenorg.net/?q=content/workshop-joining-eduroam-and-identity-federation>_**which
will take place during 8-10 September 2015 at ASREN Office at Talal Abu
Ghazaleh University, Amman.

In this workshop, we will focus on two main aspects:

1.      Technical: will focus on how to implement and install necessary
software and applications to operate eduroam and federation of identity.

2.      Policy: will focus on setting the necessary policies and
agreements to join the global eduroam and eduGAIN.

ASREN, in cooperation with GEANT and other partners will follow up
during the workshop and after that in order to provide the necessary
support for your staff to implement the service and to fulfil the
necessary policies and agreements.

We will allow for a special recognition and appreciation for those NRENs
who complete the implementation and sign the necessary agreements during
ASREN's annual conference e-AGE 2015 in Rabat, Morocco 7-8 December 2015.

As it is becoming crucial for NRENs in our region to in the global map
of eduroam and eduGAIN, we have the pleasure to invite you to join and
to send your technical staff who are responsible on these services.

The workshop will be followed by EUMEDCONENCT3 & AfricaConnect2 meeting
on 11 September 2015. David West will send details soon.MAGIC will be
discusses with ASREN partners during this meeting.

The 1st International Conference on Open Source Software Computing
(OSSCOM 2015) http://osscom2015.osscom.org is another very important
event taking place 10-13 September 2015 at the German Jordanian
University in Amman.

You may contact me or my colleague Yasmeen *Al-Kouz,
*yalkouz at asrenorg.net <mailto:yalkouz at asrenorg.net> for more details.

Best regards

Yousef

ASREN Logo Final.png <http://www.asrenorg.net/>

*/Yousef Torman/*

/Managing Director, Technology, Networking and Infrastructures/

/Arab States Research and Education Network – ASREN/

/+962 7 79907900/

www.asrenorg.net <http://www.asrenorg.net/>