[Community] SLREN 2016 Conference successfully ended!!

Thomas Songu tsongu at njala.edu.sl
Sat Jul 30 14:13:26 GMT 2016

Dear Colleagues,
I am pleased to inform you that the SLREN 2016 Conference successfully
ended yesterday with full endorsement from the World Bank Country Manager.
The World Bank has committed $100k to the SLREN to develop a business plan
for the implementation an NREN in Sierra Leone. The SLREN team has been
mandated to lead the process to establish the SLREN and to work with the
WACREN leadership to operationalise the SLREN by mid 2017.

I need your help urgently! The Wold Bank has requested for a draft terms of
reference (ToR) for a Consultant to assist us with the development of a
business plan for the establishment and implementation of the SLREN latest
next week! Can anyone assist to provide a template that I can
tailor to meet our requirement please?

I'm so grateful to the WACREN leadership, especially the CEO, Boubakar
Barry and the CTO, Omo Oaiya for their encouragements and support to have
reached this threshold. I am also grateful to colleague NRENs, especially
GARNET (for lessons learnt advice), MaliRen and LREN (Liberia) for
attending the Conference. Their contributions and knowledge sharing was
really inspirational!

And finally, I am so grateful to INASP for their financial and moral
support to see the dream for Sierra Leone joining the NREN family.

Thank you all!

Thomas
CEO, SLREN

Thomas Songu

ICT Director

Njala University| Njala Campus| Private Mail Bag| Freetown| Sierra Leone|
West Africa

*E-Mail:* tsongu at njala.edu.sl

*Mobile*: +232 79 45 33 22

*Skype*: thomas.songu

*Web:* http://njala.edu.sl/

This e-mail contains confidential information and is for the exclusive use
of the addressee/s.  If you are not the addressee, then any distribution,
copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please
advise the sender and delete it immediately.  We accept no liability for
any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.
P *Please consider the environment before printing this email*