[Community] Pre-conference training workshop update & deadlines [Librarian and Cybersecurity]

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Mon Feb 27 14:18:43 GMT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We have received several registrations for the Cybersecurity and Librarian
workshops and want to provide updates on the deadlines and selection
process.

   1. The workshops run in parallel at the same time so it is not possible
   to be in both

   2. The workshops have target audiences which will govern our selection
   of successful applicants.

   1. The library workshop for instance is targeted at "Librarians and
      National Library Consortia from WACREN and other parts of AfREN" -
      https://indico.wacren.net/event/50

      2. The cybersecurity workshop is targeted at "new security teams and
      NRENs that wish to start a CSIRT".

      Members of existing security teams or in formation at campus level
      are also welcome to apply
      - https://indico.wacren.net/event/49

      3. There is a combined registration form
   <https://indico.wacren.net/event/46/registration/register> for the
   conference where you can select the workshop to apply for.  A link is
   provided on each workshop site.

   We expect most participants to remain for the conference after the
   training workshops and have made provisions for international participants
   and Ivorian colleagues living outside Abidjan.

   4. For others who are yet to apply, please be aware of the following
   deadlines for both workshops:

   - Deadline for registration: 10 March
   - Notification of selection: 14 March
   - Deadline for acceptance of place in the workshop: 17 March

Please visit the workshop sites for detailed information

Best wishes

--
Omo Oaiya
CTO/Directeur Technique, WACREN