[NREN-PR] Creating Buzz around NRENs

Donna Oti, Ph.D. doti at ceiconsult.com
Wed Jan 3 18:41:18 GMT 2018

Happy New Year!
I trust that you all had a joyous holiday and have returned well rested.  First, I should introduce myself.  My name is Donna and I've worked with Omo on several projects.  My background is in journalism and education and I have a passion for technology enabled teaching and learning.
Thanks Omo for starting this list as a platform for us to work together to build the NREN communities. It's so important for us to get academic staff, librarians, students and all stakeholders excited about the possibilities for unleashing the potential of NRENs.  Social media has made us less reliant on mainstream media.  Still we can use some of the skills learned from traditional media.
Do you know any academic staff or students in journalism, mass communications, or language who would like to develop investigative journalism skills?  Can you invite them to tell your NREN story?
This could be an excellent opportunity for students to get experience in one of the fastest growing areas in journalism -- science and technology reporting. We can help guide the reporters through the research process and provide feedback to improve the stories.   We will feature the best stories on the newly designed WACREN website.
Please provide us with the names and email addresses of potential reporters (print or broadcast) and we will help guide them through the process.
Best,Donna

Donna Oti, Ph.D.CEI Consultantsskype: donnaotiph: +1 202 276 9643

http://ceiconsult.com