[NREN-PR] Press release for NRENs to share widely - online and in news publications - IMPORTANT

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Fri Jan 19 14:24:45 GMT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to notify you of the press release issued by WACREN and GÉANT
about the contracts issued in the AfricaConnect2 project for the first
phase of the WACREN network in the

More information at
http://wacren.net/en/news/press-release-west-and-central-africa-connects-global-re-network-unleash-its-potential

and tweeted at https://twitter.com/WACREN/status/954346405673537537

The last time we did similar was at the inception of the AfricaConnect2
project. Then we asked you to update your websites with the information,
retweet WACREN with your NREN twitter handles and share with your local
journalists and media connections.

We would like you to repeat this and disseminate as widely as possible.

My apologies for not preparing you beforehand but it has been a hectic time
at the beginning of the year.

I have copied the CEO list so they can help their designates.  Many of the
CEOs will be familiar with the previous effort and can assist.

Please keep and forward any newspaper publications and links to online
posts that are made about the release.

Many thanks

--
*Omo OAIYA*