[Community] LIBSENSE and LA Referencia agree to closer collaboration around open access and open science

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Tue Apr 13 09:25:59 GMT 2021

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 20:30
Subject: [libsense-discuss] LIBSENSE and LA Referencia agree to closer
collaboration around open access and open science
To: LIBSENSE Discuss <libsense-discuss at ren.africa>

Colleagues,

The three African regional research and education networks – ASREN, WACREN
and UbuntuNet Alliance  have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) as
LIBSENSE with LA Referencia, and RedCLARA, our sister regional REN in Latin
America.  We resolved to collaborate on advancing open science policies,
services, and infrastructure that reflects each continent's unique needs
and conditions within a framework of international cooperation.

Facilitated by COAR, the collaboration will strengthen strengthen local
knowledge and infrastructure related to open science and contribute to
improving the visibility of the research produced in both regions.

Please see the full announcement at
https://africaconnect3.net/africa-and-latin-america-agree-to-closer-collaboration-around-open-science/

Best wishes,
*Omo OAIYA*
Chief Strategy Officer/Directeur de la Stratégie | WACREN
<http://www.wacren.net/>
m: +234 808 888 1571 , +233 205 228 693

--
https://groups.google.com/a/ren.africa/d/msgid/libsense-discuss/A52B50AA-7318-4C48-AF6A-D67A4E00F1F5%40wacren.net